Maslon is seeking a mid-level Litigation Paralegal with 5-10 years of experience.
- Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treatises, constitutions, and legal codes to prepare legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, or appeals, for use by attorneys.
- Draft routine legal documents for review and use by attorneys.
- Compile and prepare draft discovery responses.
- Categorize and interpret data; review and analyze reports, responses, and records produced by opposing counsel.
- Coordinate requests between multiple parties involved in litigation by way of consistent communication with client, claims, and full partnership with attorney through end of case.
- Prepare, organize, and file documents and correspondence.
- Conduct legal research.
- Update and maintain internal databases.
- Prepare witness and other materials for case preparation.
- Organize relevant documents for attorney review and case preparation.
- Prepare for, and attend, depositions.
- Prepare and organize exhibits during depositions.
- Prepare and file all court documents.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Excellent command of verbal and written communications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities in high-stress situations
- Knowledge and experience in Maslon's litigation practice areas of tort and product liability, business litigation, construction and insurance litigation, and appeals.
- Intermediate to advanced software skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to organize and maintain large volumes of electronic and paper files.
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects and remain calm and on task under pressure.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in paralegal studies or Bachelor's degree with a certificate in paralegal studies from an accredited program.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with salary requirements to the attention of Debra Hartfiel, HR Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Maslon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.