Our Commitment to Minnesota
Member of Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity. Learn more.
Member of Twin Cities Diversity in Practice. Learn more.
Winner of the "2015 Community Impact Award" in the Professional Services Category by Minnesota Business Magazine
Winner of the 2018 "Light of Justice" Award from the Texas Defender Service
In the Community: Our Commitment to Minnesota
Our firm's founding story is one of humble beginnings, considerable challenges, determination, and dedication—anchored by a profound commitment to Minnesota. We recognize that we must act as a leader to help strengthen both our profession and the communities we serve. Our efforts include the following:
- AchieveMpls: In 2016, Maslon celebrated our 60th anniversary by making a five-year $60,000 financial commitment to support AchieveMpls, the strategic nonprofit partner of Minneapolis Public Schools dedicated to closing the achievement gap by preparing inner-city students to meet challenges and accomplish their dreams of college, meaningful work, and a bright future. As stated on achievempls.org, "The stakes couldn't be higher for our young people—especially young people of color—and our region."
- Sponsorships: Maslon is pleased to support a variety of organizations working to advance diversity through leadership, active engagement, and sponsorship, including the below:
- The Advocates for Human Rights
- Global Rights for Women
- Human Rights Campaign
- Just the Beginning - A Pipeline Organization
- Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers
- Minnesota Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association
- Minnesota Lavender Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Page Education Foundation
- Women Winning
- YWCA Circle of Women
Pro Bono Service: Maslon has a deep commitment to providing pro bono service to protect both individual rights and the collective rights of the disadvantaged. As attorneys, we believe such work is our moral and ethical responsibility and is fundamental to the integrity of the judicial system. As a result, our work spans a broad spectrum of clients and cases, including civil rights matters. Read more about Maslon's commitment to pro bono service.