William M. Mower
Bill Mower has been helping clients solve problems and pursue opportunities with legal-related advice and counsel for more than 25 years. He represents a wide variety of clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions and management buy-outs. Bill counsels public companies in connection with their securities law compliance and general corporate matters and represents issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private securities offerings, secondary offerings, and alternative offerings. He also assists clients with their licensing and joint venture relationships, serves as de-facto general counsel to numerous public and private companies, and has real estate transactional experience.
Bill is a partner in Maslon's Corporate & Securities Group and a former member of the firm's Governance Committee.
- Famous Dave's of America, Inc. – Principal outside counsel for over 20 years. Managed transactions including asset purchases and sales, bank financings, and initial and secondary public offerings. Responsible for Securities and Exchange Act compliance and other securities and corporate matters.
- Raven Industries, Inc. – Principal outside securities and acquisitions counsel of this diversified manufacturing company. Responsible for asset and business acquisitions and dispositions; Securities and Exchange Act compliance.
- Global Traffic Network, Inc. – Principal outside counsel of this international media-related company; initial public and secondary offerings, international acquisitions, and Securities and Exchange Act compliance.
- G&K Services, Inc. – Acquisitions and real estate leasing and acquisition transactions; public offerings and Securities and Exchange Act compliance.
- Grand Casinos, Inc. – Real estate acquisition and development transactions; negotiation of casino management agreements; initial public and secondary offerings and other financing transactions; Securities and Exchange Act compliance.
- Underwriters' counsel in private and initial public offerings; counsel to financial advisors in merger and acquisition transactions.
- Numerous smaller public and private companies in the biotechnology, ethanol production, technology, precious metals, and hospitality industries – public offerings, private placements (PIPE offerings) and alternative public offerings; negotiation of merger agreements; restructuring of assets; joint ventures and related party partnerships and LLCs; executive employment, compensation and separation agreements; general corporate and contract advice; and Securities and Exchange Act compliance.
Recognized in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/M&A, Minnesota, 2018
Recognized on Minnesota Super Lawyers® list, 2000-2004, 2010-2020 (Minnesota Super Lawyers® is a designation given to only 5 percent of Minnesota attorneys each year, based on a selection process that includes the recommendation of peers in the legal profession.)
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2021-2023
AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell®