Jonathan R. Septer
Jonathan Septer is a partner at Maslon LLP with significant experience practicing in all facets of the commercial real estate life cycle, including real estate acquisitions and dispositions, commercial and agricultural leasing, title and survey due diligence review, real estate financing, and land use, entitlement, and permitting projects—with particular depth in the agribusiness and manufactured housing industries. Jon serves as general counsel to a broad array of clients, including several institutional investors, equipment manufacturers, lenders, farmers, and manufactured housing community owners in connection with complex farmland and manufactured housing community acquisitions. Across all, he aims to add maximum value to his clients by focusing on their key needs, providing creative solutions, and delivering deadline-driven results.
Jon brings valued prior experience in commercial real estate and agricultural law to his practice at Maslon and completed a clerkship for the Honorable Robert D. Tiffany of the Hubbard County District Court. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Jon spent a year in Santiago, Chile, working as a business English professor.
- Managed national office lease portfolio for large North American insurance company.
- Manages national agricultural lease portfolio for large agricultural investment fund.
- Regularly negotiates and settles various commercial lease disputes between landlords and tenants.
- Represents a wide variety of commercial landlords and tenants surrounding the drafting and negotiation of commercial lease agreements, including lease amendments, renewals and guaranties.
- Represented private equity fund successfully closing on more than $200 million in agricultural land investments throughout the United States since 2014.
- Represented large manufactured housing community in Colorado in complex refinancing transaction.
- Represented partnership in the acquisition and disposition of manufactured housing communities in Minnesota, South Dakota, and Pennsylvania.
- Represented anchor tenant in negotiation of office lease in Minneapolis.
Recognized on Minnesota Rising Stars list as part of the Super Lawyers® selection process, 2019-2022 (Minnesota Rising Stars is a designation given to only 2.5% of Minnesota attorneys each year, based on a selection process that includes the recommendation of peers in the legal profession.)