Maslon is pleased to announce the recognition of its Litigation Group as a Band 1 Category Firm—the highest possible ranking—in the 2015 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. The new edition limited the Band 1 category to only four select firms out of 16 overall that were ranked for Minnesota. Rankings in Chambers USA are based on extensive client interviews and research to assess technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by clients.
Chambers USA 2015 reports that Maslon's Litigation Group is known as an "excellent group, particularly noted for its expertise in product liability and environmental class actions" and "well versed in acting before federal and appellate courts, as well as alternative forums, and routinely sought after by an impressive roster of clients." Client sources shared, "they're reliable, efficient, and responsive. I've really had a great time working with them." Clients also state, "they have a very sophisticated regional practice and good relationships with the judges in Minnesota. They're team players with excellent legal knowledge."
As part of Maslon's Litigation Group recognition, Geoffrey Jarpe, William Pentelovitch, David Schultz, and Richard Wilson are named as "Notable Practitioners" in Minnesota for General Commercial Litigation, and David Herr is named as a "Notable Practitioner" in Minnesota for Appellate Litigation with the following notes:
- Client sources share that Geoff Jarpe is "very adept at cutting through to the most important strategies and bringing an end to the case as swiftly as possible."
- Client sources shared that Bill Pentelovitch is an "outstanding litigator with an international portfolio," and Chambers USA states he is a "highly regarded business trial lawyer who handles a wide-ranging spectrum of commercial disputes."
- Client sources describe David Schultz as a "very experienced and excellent lawyer." Chambers USA indicates that he is "recommended for his expertise in product liability matters, civil and criminal fraud, and IP cases."
- Chambers USA notes that Richard Wilson has a "broad commercial practice and offers significant expertise in expedited proceedings, including arbitrations and injunction actions."
- Clients praise David Herr's ability to construct a "very clear picture of the entire case" and his "succinct" approach in court.
To view the full Chambers USA rankings for Maslon's Litigation Group, go to: 2015 Chambers USA.