Director of Marketing and Business Development
Maslon LLP is seeking a Director of Marketing and Business Development
Position Description: Actively supports the firm’s attorneys and practice groups to execute strategic and tactical business development activities and oversees all marketing functions.
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Supervises: Marketing Staff
Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field.
- 10+ years in marketing or business development within a law firm or professional services firm.
- Thorough understanding of marketing and business development strategies and practices.
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid client service skills and overall adaptability.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Extensive business development experience is essential.
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Monitor client and industry news and identify business development opportunities and enhance client service. Identify firm cross selling opportunities and work with group leaders to identify new client opportunities.
- Partner with practice group and sub practice group leaders to develop and execute strategic marketing and business development plans/programs.
- Drive the execution of individual attorney business development plans.
- Lead efforts to respond to RFPs, complex pitches and track information related to RFP status.
- Ensure the successful execution of client development events, such as seminars and webinars or other networking programs, and evaluate ROI.
- Enable the firm to use business intelligence more effectively to leverage existing client relationships and experience to protect, sustain and grow its business.
Management Oversight Responsibilities to be executed by Marketing Staff:
- Marketing budget, metrics and reporting
- Media and public relations
- Marketing campaigns and events
- Brand and Content Management
- Social and community channels
- Planning and executing marketing campaigns
- Strategic oversight to submissions for ranking authorities
General Performance Criteria:
- Develops and maintains a cooperative working relationship with members of the firm, clients, and other outside contacts.
- Able to effectively manage marketing and business development initiatives through to execution.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains staff in the Marketing Department.
- Anticipates and balances the workload based upon general guidelines established. Is able to meet short and/or unpredictable deadlines.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Consistently projects a positive, professional attitude and approach to the job, firm and co-workers.
Interested candidates should contact Debra Hartfiel via email at firstname.lastname@example.org