Reports To: Finance Operations Manager
Perform accounting functions as outlined below. Responsibilities may be subject to change at any time due to business reasons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Account reconciliations, month end/year end close, journal entries, accruals, capital account reconciliation, and related activities.
- Assist Finance Operations Manager with collection reports and analysis, cash receipts, and payments.
- Manage daily cash reporting and online banking activities.
- Be proficient in the company's financial reporting software including knowledge of system.
- Work with COO to prepare balance sheet, income statement, and monthly department reporting. Assist with year-end audit annual partner tax preparation.
- Perform trust account reconciliations and monitor aging balances with Finance Operations Manager. Prepare and file tax payments.
- Financial Planning: Prepare and analyze financial and productivity (inventory) data utilizing MS Access, SSRS, MS Power BI, and Excel for internal customers. This includes data mining and query development activities.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3 – 5 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Three to five years of Accountant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical, research skills
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and MS Access
- Experience in Aderant a plus
- Experience in a legal environment a plus
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of Debra Hartfiel, HR Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Maslon is an equal opportunity employer.