Maslon LLP is currently seeking a Controller who will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Account reconciliations, month end/year end close, journal entries, accruals, capital account reconciliation and related activities.
- Monthly sales tax preparation.
- Work with COO to prepare balance sheet, income statement and monthly department reporting. Assist with year-end audit annual partner tax preparation.
- Perform trust account reconciliations and monitor trust aging balances.
- Oversee payroll function and monitor payroll feeds and employee and partner changes.
- Monthly expense reimbursement processing and approvals.
- Back up accounts payable electronic payment processing.
- Monthly credit card reconciliation and processing.
- Prepare annual profit sharing estimate and quarterly cash balance plan calculations.
- Prepare adhoc department level reporting and requests.
- Financial Planning: Prepare and analyze financial and productivity (inventory) data utilizing MS Access, SSRS, MS Power BI and Excel for internal customers. This includes data mining and query development activities.
- Special projects as assigned.
*Responsibilities may be subject to change at any time due to business reasons.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Five years of accounting experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical, research skills.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and MS Access.
- Experience in Aderant and in a legal environment a plus.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maslon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.