In the Community: Our Commitment to Minnesota
Our firm's founding story is one of humble beginnings, considerable challenges, determination, and dedication—anchored by a profound commitment to Minnesota. We recognize that we must act as a leader to help strengthen both our profession and the communities we serve. Our efforts include the following:
- The Forum on Workplace Inclusion: Maslon is proud to be a long-time patron sponsor of The Forum on Workplace Inclusion, the nationally recognized diversity and inclusion conference at the University of St. Thomas. Each year, The Forum brings together the best and brightest diversity and inclusion professionals to elevate thinking, ideas, and practices to create positive, intentional shifts in progress toward diverse and inclusive workplaces. For years, a Maslon partner has served on the Forum's Program Committee and chaired its Legal Track.
- AchieveMpls: In 2016, Maslon celebrated our 60th anniversary by making a five-year $60,000 financial commitment to support AchieveMpls, the strategic nonprofit partner of Minneapolis Public Schools dedicated to closing the achievement gap by preparing inner-city students to meet challenges and accomplish their dreams of college, meaningful work, and a bright future. As stated on achievempls.org, "The stakes couldn't be higher for our young people—especially young people of color—and our region."
- Sponsorships: Maslon is pleased to support a variety of organizations supporting diversity through leadership, active engagement and sponsorship, including the below:
- Human Rights Campaign
- The Advocates for Human Rights
- Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers
- Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association
- Minnesota Lavender Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Minnesota Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Page Education Foundation
- YWCA Circle of Women Luncheon
- Global Rights for Women Fundraiser
Pro Bono Service: Maslon has a deep commitment to providing pro bono service to protect both individual rights and the collective rights of the disadvantaged. As attorneys, we believe such work is our moral and ethical responsibility and is fundamental to the integrity of the judicial system. As a result, our work spans a broad spectrum of clients and cases, including civil rights matters. Read more about Maslon's commitment to pro bono service.