The Minnesota Supreme Court has appointed David Schultz to the Minnesota Board of Legal Certification. The Minnesota State Board of Legal Certification ("Board") oversees the process by which lawyers in Minnesota are certified as specialists. The certification process gives the public information about certain attorneys who have earned the right to call themselves specialists in certain fields of law.
- Defines the fields of law that are subject to specialty designation.
- Accredits agencies so that they can certify lawyers as specialists in a particular field of law.
- Sets standards that certifying agencies must meet when certifying lawyers as specialists.
- Reviews and evaluates the agencies' programs.
- Denies or revokes an agency's accreditation if it fails to comply with the Board's standards.
The Minnesota Supreme Court appoints the twelve members of the Board. There are nine (9) lawyer members and three (3) public members.